Selection Process and Criteria
The assessment is based on the following criteria:
- Achieving Course Intended Learning Outcomes of Service-Learning
- Aligning the SL components with CILOs
- Integrating new ideas and SL elements in the curriculum
- Bringing educational benefits to students and impact to the service recipients and community
- Developing new pedagogical or teaching approaches in SL
Applications for The Grants will be assessed and approved by the Committee on Innovative Service-Learning (ISLC). Approval is subject to funding availability.
Normally, there are four rounds of applications each year. Applicants should send the completed application form together with relevant supporting document(s), if any, to firstname.lastname@example.org by the stipulated deadlines.
a. Applications for semester 1: July 10 – August 25, 2023
b. Applications for semester 2 and summer: November 10 – December 25, 2023
c. Applications for summer: April 1 – 30, 2024
In order for approved Grants to be available at the start of the target semester, instructors are advised to send their applications as early as possible within the corresponding application periods.