Developing Skills Beyond Academia
HKBU offers both credit and non-credit service-learning programmes that incorporate community-based learning. You can benefit academically, professionally, and personally from service- learning. Other than enhancing your understanding of your chosen discipline, you will also
- Learn more about social issues and their root causes
- Reflect on your values and beliefs
- Enhance your understanding of diverse communities and cultures
- Step out of your comfort zone and be more open to change
- Work to make a difference in the civic life of our communities
The Centre for Innovative Service-Learning endeavours to work with academic departments and support units to create and increase the number of service opportunities.
Courses in the current semester: https://cisl.hkbu.edu.hk/students/courses-2019-2020
Courses in previous semester: https://cisl.hkbu.edu.hk/students/academic-year-1819-second-semester
Students taking service-learning courses please download a copy of Service-Learning Manual for Students. Hard copies are obtainable from your course instructors or Centre for Innovative Service-Learning.