Community of Practice for Service-Learning in Hong Kong Higher Education (CoP-SLHE)
Cross-institutional Capacity Building for Service-Learning in Hong Kong Higher Education Institutions is a UGC-funded project (Project No.: PolyU4/T&L/16-19). It adopts a multifaceted approach that will fill in the gaps and build up capacity in Service-Learning (SL) in Hong Kong Universities. Participating institutions includes The Hong Kong Polytechnic University (PolyU), Hong Kong Baptist University (HKBU), The Education University of Hong Kong (EduHK), and Lingnan University (LU).
Led by HKBU, Community of Practice for Service-Learning in Hong Kong Higher Education (CoP-SLHE) on SL is formed to promote sharing of experiences among SL practitioners and interested staff from all UGC-funded institutions to support social, collective learning opportunities.
Mission and Aims
CoP-SLHE aims to establish a network of staff with a common interest in SL to:
- Encourage and support SL practitioners in HK higher education to further develop their understanding of and competence in SL;
- Foster inter-institutional collaboration on SL projects and sharing of expertise among the institutions;
- Provide a platform for members to discuss relevant issues, to develop insights and good practices, and to put enhanced ways of SL into practice;
- Provide a platform (in the format of symposia) to disseminate resources produced in CoP-SLHE ; and
- Manage and store knowledge generated by CoP-SLHE in a regular and sustainable way.
Core members of CoP-SLHE are responsible for setting directions and driving CoP-SLHE, and recruiting and engaging other members.
Dr. Kevin Yue, Honorary Director, Centre for Innovative Service-Learning, HKBU
(Convenor, Community of Practice for Service-Learning in Hong Kong Higher Education)
Ms. Joy Lam, Senior Project Officer, Centre for Innovative Service-Learning, HKBU
Ms. Yuki Choi, Assistant Project Officer, Centre for Innovative Service-Learning, HKBU
Dr. Dawn Lo, Senior Proejct Officer, Centre for Innovative Service-Learning, HKBU
Ms. Leung Ka Wai, Lecturer I, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, EdUHK
Ms. Wu Xiaoying, Research Assistant, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, EdUHK
Dr. Xu Hui Xuan, Assistant Professor, Department of Curriculum and Instruction, EdUHK
Mr. Chad Chan, Senior Project Officer, Office of Service-Learning, LU
Ms. Eugene Cheung, Assistant Service-Learning Officer, Office of Service-Learning, PolyU
Mr. Kenneth Lo, Senior Service-Learning Officer, Office of Service-Learning, PolyU
Dr. Grace Ngai, Associate Head, Office of Service-Learning, PolyU
|Date||Title||Presenter(s) / Speaker(s)||Video||Resources|
|12 Sept, 2019||Assessing Student Learning Outcomes in Service-Learning||Mr. Lau Ka Hing, Calvin|
Past events in the 2nd semester, 18/19: https://cisl.hkbu.edu.hk/staff/community-of-practice/academic-year-1819-second-semester
Past events in the 1st semester, 18/19: https://cisl.hkbu.edu.hk/staff/community-of-practice/academic-year-1819-first-semester
Past events in the 2nd semester, 17/18: https://cisl.hkbu.edu.hk/staff/community-of-practice/academic-year-1718-second-semester
CoP-SLHE members are entitled to the following benefits:
- participation in SL capacity building workshops, seminars, sharing sessions and symposia;
- access to SL teaching and learning resources;
- support from CoP-SLHE to experiment new ideas and collaborations on SL subjects/projects, and
- support programme for SL action research.
Any teachers, non-teaching staff and student associates who are interested or involved in the work of SL are welcome to join.
Please fill in the Membership Application Form HERE. There is no membership fee and application deadline.
CoP-SLHE core members and associate members will nominate students who have significate contributions in SL at their universities to become student associate members.
Ms Yuki Choi
Assistant Project Officer, Centre for Innovative Service-Learning, HKBU
Tel: 3411 7347